Wednesday 24 July 2019

Sadly time to say goodbye ..... Jennie

Hello to you all and welcome to this my final post for Calico Craft Parts. I have been on the team here since January 2017 and have had a wonderful time creating alongside my lovely team mates and friends Louise, Lesley, Julie, Claudia and Kerstin.

Sadly I have had to make a decision to leave but because my life is moving into a new area - my handspun textiles - and I need time to explore and experiment what I can achieve in this medium (before I get too old!).

I have, and always will be, a lover of Calico Craft Parts. I love being able to create something totally unique from the lovely kits and embellishments which suit everyone's style. Today I thought I would share a few of my most favourite of the Calico Craft Parts products.



February 2017

My Gibson Girl has to be one of my absolute all time favourites. She sits on my desk! I have made other art dolls but she has not been supplanted yet!


November 2017

The Beer Mats have been one of my favourite go to pieces. I love that you can throw so much at these wonderful mixed media boards and being able to use some of the smaller steampunk and mini pieces.


July 2018

The fabulous range of ATCs has also been one of my go to pieces for a project. I have a huge collection made over the last two years. This is a favourite - made when I really had lost my mojo after a long holiday and which got me back on track!


May 2019

And then there are the wonderful kits - always a joy to create with and open to so many wonderful ideas and techniques. This is one of my favourites. It really was like playing dolls houses!

I shall really miss the team and all your wonderful comments but I am also very excited about starting something new. I will still be around creating in mixed media so do hop on over to my blog now and again to see what I am creating and of course I will still be in touch with many of you on social media.

As always thank you for joining me today and thank you for all your love, friendship and supportive comments during my time here on the team.

Jennie x


4 comments:

  1. You have created so many beautiful pieces with the Calico Craft Parts, Jennie - always a treat to see your shabby chic style make them even more gorgeous than they already are! Wishing you lots of luck and joy with the spinning - looking forward to seeing where that takes you.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be missed by many. I understand that wanting to experiment with your hand spun textiles. I tried spinning, not for me, weaving was a blast, but knitting, I have found to be my go to. I do love my paper crafting and mixed media (always will dabble), but my heart is knitting. Good luck and blessings on your new adventure Jennie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really sad to see you leave our wonderful team, Jennie, and you and your beautiful shabby chic projects will be missed. But as there are new adventures waiting for you, I totally understand your decision. Wishing you all the best and loads of joy and fun for your spinning journey. I am looking forward to seeing what you will create with your textiles!!!

    Hugs,
    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad to see you go, Jennie. It's been lovely working with you and seeing all your inventive and beautiful projects. I wish you every success with your new ventures and I hope to see your new creations soon. xx

    ReplyDelete