Thursday 2 November 2017

Objet D'Art : by Jennie




Hello and welcome! I am so pleased to be sharing with you another beer mat creation today!


I really do love these little mats of creativity and have managed to pack rather a lot into this small space.


A coat of Gesso is all it needs to get started .... and some little pieces of builders mesh and texture paste through a stencil.


I love going through my little box of Calico Craft Parts pieces to see what I can use. There are some hearts as a base, a mini key, a mini hardware piece, a little flower that had become detached from a larger piece and of course that wonderful steampunk clock (one of my favourite pieces).

I stuck most things down onto the mat but did get some gesso on the hearts before adding the clock as it is very difficult getting a good coverage once everything is stuck down!


A very relaxing time spent painting everything with gesso.


And then in with the colour! This was quite Violet for me! but I love the greys and blues which appear in between. I added a little text stamping in grey ink to fill in some of the gaps.


I couldn't resist going in with a little more Gesso to tone down the Violet! and used the same colours on my word element to maintain the colour hues. The final addition was some swathes of silver micro beads which amazingly stick very well to the textured elements.

A few close ups ......






This really is one of my favourite techniques and I do find that the Calico Craft Parts are just superb for taking the Gesso and water soluble pigments.

As always thank you so much for joining me today and happy crafting!

Jennie x


Calico Craft Parts Used today:



7 comments:

  1. You really did pack a lot into the beer mat Jennie, but it was worth it, it is absolutely stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous - I love how subtly the Infusions accent all the layered embellishments (subtle after your extra touches of Gesso, of course!). Fabulous work on a tiny substrate - just goes to show that small really is beautiful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great use of this fantastic steampunk wood shape, Jennie! Love the mix of delicate shabby whites with the steampunk theme!

    Hugs,
    Claudia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all your lovely comments xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennie, it's wonderful all the detail you've packed into this beautiful little creation. xx

    ReplyDelete