Saturday 2 May 2015

A Light bulb Moment: by Lesley

This piece started out a lump of wood that I salvaged from work after my boss sawed off a leg of a shelving unit. Never one to throw away wood, it came home with me and I turned it into this...

The wood was rusted up with paint, giving it a nice old look about it.
The body was made with air drying clay and painted and stamped on. And then glued to the wood. I dug out a hole in the belly and filled it with small watch parts.

The lettering was stamped onto canvas and then glued to the mini wood plaques... loved these plaques, they are so versatile. 


The piece was finished off with a light bulb for the head. Oh! And I also managed to sneak on a tiny bit of rusty wire. 


Thanks for reading.
L.x

Supplies Used

2 comments:

  1. Lesley, this is just too cool!! Love it!! Very clever indeed! ")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzer - those painted rust effects are stunning, Lesley! I hadn't spotted the tiny plaques, so thanks for the heads-up!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete