Monday 2 August 2021

Dalek kit: by Guest designer Stephen Taylor.

 

Hello everyone. 

I was lucky enough to be given the opportunity to test drive one of the Dalek kits. The design team coordinator, Louise, had been sent it as part of her design team kit but she said she didn’t feel too confident doing such a large kit. As a model builder, I thought perhaps I could give it a try. 

And here it is…. 


Looking good with its slightly vintage paint job as a nod to one of my other passions, steampunk. 

I achieved this look by sealing the wood, painting with metallic paints, using metallic wax for highlights then giving it a colour wash with a watered down mix of black and raw umber acrylic paint to add shadow, depth and age.  

If you are a model builder yourself, I would say this kit was roughly a level 2 / 2.5. Not for a complete beginner but would certainly suit someone who’s only done one or two models in the past. 

You can find the Dalek kits HERE


1 comment:

  1. Love how this turned out! Great weathered metal look and steampunkery!

    ReplyDelete