Thursday 15 July 2021

Christmas in July by Liz

  I can't believe I'm doing Christmas in July, I mean what! who me!! but I honestly couldn't resist putting this gorgeous mdf Sleigh together and decorating it,


After putting the sleigh together, (there is a pdf tutorial you can download to help), I painted it with white Gesso all over, then using two colours of antiquing paint I went first over with the darkest blue colour, then using a dry light amount on my brush went over the top with a lighter bluey green, this gives a fantastic weathered look,



When dry I went over the intracate sections with some sliver wax from my stash, adding it with my finger,


Here's where I decorated the inside section from my stash using bits and bobs Christmas related, I love to do a silver, blue themed Christmas as against the traditional red and green, but of course you can decorate it in whatever colours you wish,


I built up my layers to give added interest,


Finally I added some fake snow to the parts of the sleigh where I thought snow may settle,

I hope you have a go too,

Sleigh - Mdf kit - style 2

Happy Crafting,

Hugs Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment