Monday 23 March 2020

Courage Dear Heart by Jannet




Today I was originally going to post an Easter Wreath, but I thought at the present time we could all certainly do with some encouragement. I have made this plaque for everyone, but especially for those of us who are in the vulnerable group. 

I have always loved snowdrops - they look so beautiful and delicate. Despite their fragile appearance you often see them strongly pushing up through the frost and snow.



I used medium sized Snowdrops and coloured  them with acrylic paints. After painting the delicate white petals, I sprinkled the wet paint with ultra fine white glitter. This gave them a frosty glittery look.


For the plaque I used a 100 x 100 mm mixed media board with two holes in the top. I dabbed on DecoArt Gesso. The dabbing motion gave the Gesso some texture. Once the Gesso had dried, I painted it a lovely shade of blue.  

“Courage, dear heart!” is a wonderful quote from C.S. Lewis. I stamped and heat embossed it in white. You could of course also write a personal message onto the plaque, or print one out and then glue it in position.


  I added some white paint splatters and then adhered the snowdrops, finishing up my piece by tying some white ribbon through the holes for hanging. 


Courage, Dear Hearts! 

xxxxx 


Calico Craft Parts used:


1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful project, I had no idea the snowdrops were wooden, beautifully decorated xx

    ReplyDelete