Saturday 21 March 2020

Barrow Cart by Kerstin

Hello creative friends!

Especially in these days it's difficult to clear your head and to function.
but being creative helps me to recharge my batteries.

Today I would like to share a new piece of spring home decoration. I created a pushcart in vintage style and put a small nest in there where my new Calico chickens feel very well.


This wheelbarrow is done quickly and you get a weathered old cart, which you can use for all kinds of decoration ideas - suitable for Easter eggs, found objects, dried herbs for a fragrance potpourri or whatever else comes to your mind.



 

The very descriptive assembly instructions for the Wheelbarrow or Cart Kit can be found here.

It is not too complicated, but you have to work very accurately when gluing.
I always use cold wood glue. 

Afterwards I first applied Weathered Wood crackle Medium (DecoArt) and  after the drying process a thicker layer of white acrylic paint, only the car wheels got some additional black acrylic paint.


 I like to use DecoArt media Fluid Acrylics for painting the MDF parts - they are very well mixable with a satin finish. After I had applied the colours, I took a detail brush and finally added some fine white strokes for the feathers.


Some close up's:








Calico Craft Parts used: 

MDF Wheelbarrow or Cart Kit

Hen & Cockrell Beak to Beak



I arranged my vintage chicken cart in a shabby chic bowl 
to match my home spring decoration, but I'm sure it will get redecorated in summer as well, 
I just want to mention the keyword "Provence" :-)

I hope I could inspire you!

Hope you are all safe and well!!


Thanks for your visit!

Kerstin

1 comment:

  1. Your chickens and cart are just gorgeous! Love the textures and all the different elements used to create this wonderful and fun piece! Stunning.

    ReplyDelete