Thursday, 27 September 2018

Not Quite Naked by Lesley

Hey everyone.

This week, I have altered a wooden block I found in the room of trash.


I began by tearing up bits of printed tissue paper and gluing it down with a matt medium.

Once dry, I used a sepia coloured ink to give it an aged feel. 


On the corners, I used the gorgeous deco wine flourishes. I decided to leave them natural looking, with a touch of green/gold gilded wax. 


The torso was made out of a mold and clay. I dry brushed him with paint, then added some crackle glaze in places, and a few rub-ons. 


I snipped up one of the art noveau pieces, and again added some of the wax and glued down either side of the torso. 


I won't lie....the mold did show the mans bits! So I snipped another flower off, painted it red and covered them! ;) Protect his modesty and all that!


Thanks for reading.
L.x

Ingredients used.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love this, Lesley. It's really effective and original and a lovely little piece of art.

    ReplyDelete