Saturday 16 June 2018

Photo in a Jar - by Kerstin

Welcome!

I'm absolutely happy and proud, because I'm the newest teamie

on the amazing design team from Calico Craft Parts :-).


I'm a big fan of their MDF shapes, because they have an individual design with exquisite contours and shades which give them a very unique and personal touch.

Thanks so much to the team and Calico Craft Parts for your heartily and friendly welcome!

"A picture is worth more than a thousand words" - a well-known saying
that reflects me and my attitude towards life.
If something is unclear, you can always ask me and I will always try to help you.

Today I want to share with you an idea for a home decoration piece,
which is also perfect as gift for a beloved family member.

It's very simple and made quickly - you only have to pay attention to the size of the individual parts, so they fit through the narrow neck of the bottle. The easiest way is to work with tweezers.


 I used a transparent glass bottle and poured a lot of Baltic Sea sand into it. Then I cut a beach chair from a photo. The newest Seahorse & Seashell Collage (Size M) was so awesome for me, because I love seahorses in all types and sizes.

different side views






some details


 I didn't want to paint the Craft Parts at first, because I was afraid of destroying the fine contour lines.
That's why I decided to rather use Antiquing cream; a water based tinting medium from DecoArt in Titanium White, Patina Green and Raw Umber. For the seahorse I used a little bit orange water colour. Also in some places I glued on Decosand using Heavy Gel Medium.





 Calico Craft Parts MDF shapes used:

Thanks for your visit!
Enjoy your weekend!
Kerstin

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Kerstin! What a wonderful addition to the team, and what a brilliant creation for your official debut as a full-time member of the DT. This is fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fantastic piece of work - fascinating from every angle. Welcome to the team. You are an inspiration! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Alison and Julie Ann, that means a lot to me! Big Hugs, Kerstin xx

    ReplyDelete