Thursday 23 February 2017

Three Sisters Triptych by Jennie


Hello Everyone and welcome to my project today which is the completion of the Three Sisters I started last month.

At the beginning of January I made this small ATC woodblank and decided that it would become part of a Triptych for a wonderful vintage photograph of my Nana and her two sisters.


You can see the original post HERE.


Now the moral of this story is never to create a Triptych in two stages ........ !! Despite using the same paints and crackle paint I got totally different effects - well not totally different but they really don't match despite a lot of effort in sanding them all and adding inks! But I'll put that down to experience and just hope they look vintage enough to get away with it!


For the middle part of the Triptych - older sister Alice - I have used another ATC blank which did have some wonderful patterns on it but after adding the crackle they disappeared rather. I have poked a few bits out but another lesson learnt!

Each ATC piece was painted with DecoArt Raw Sienna acrylic paint and I brushed DecoArt Crackle Paint over the top. A little ink was then blended around the edges before finishing the edges with a gold pen.


Try as I might I couldn't get this side to match my first crafted piece! I rather like the vintage cabinet look though! Eva is my Nana and the middle sister.


I love the way that many of the Calico Craft Parts can be cut down for smaller ATC sized projects. This little fence is just a perfect size to decorate.


Again more smaller pieces from the Mini's collections which are so useful to have in your stash box.

The little emblem at the top has been cut from this Steampunk Flourish.

Whilst I enjoy using these corners complete, they also have lots of little pieces which can be cut out (very easily) and are perfect additions to the mini plaques.





Well .... a lot learnt making today's project! but that is the creative process.

As always thank you for joining me today.

Jennie x


Calico Craft Parts Used

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing what you learned along the way with us, Jennie. I like that each part of this triptych is a little different, as I think that adds to the authentic feel of the project: pieces don't always age identically, after all. I love the concept of this project and that these are 'real' rather than 'found' relatives. It's so nice to be able to work with real life ancestors. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing these projects. Love all three of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your triptych is beautiful! Each just slightly different. I love them.

    ReplyDelete