Thursday 1 July 2021

Spring Blooms By Liz

 Hi all, today I thought I'd show you an idea for a journal using some of the fabulous MDF pieces from 

Calico Craft Parts,

(Full process video at the foot of this post.)



I created the front and back of my journal using the MDF Rectangles, these are 10cm x 20cm
 (100mm x 200mm)
which I painted on the outer edges with white Gesso, I also painted a light covering on the flower pieces,


I then painted the Rectangle pieces with some green paint,


I have made a video tutorial on how I created this journal which is below, but first I will show you some close ups of the finished journal after adding a few more MDF pieces, after painting the MDF pieces with the Gesso, I used a few colours of a watercolour brush pen to colour them, this allows the base design to show through still,






I love the way you can make the Butterflies look so different depending on the colours you use,



And the cute Bees,



Products used:



The Video link



Happy Crafting!!
Liz x

1 comment: