Thursday 10 January 2019

Favourite Projects of 2018 : Jennie

Hello and a very happy New Year to you all.

It has been lovely over the last month viewing everyone's favourite projects from last year. I am a bit late doing this but it is now my turn to share my favourite four with you. How hard it was to choose just four!

I am a great lover of Calico Craft Parts alterable items and kits and matching these with lovely individual  pieces - both large and small.  My mind often goes down a different route and this was the case with the boat kit. I thought it would make a lovely Romantic Arbour and had great fun putting this project together back in April.


Some of the Mini Craft Sheets are just begging to be used in a project and I had so much fun creating this beach scene back in September - This Way to the Beach.  It is lovely to be able to add so much detail.


I managed to achieve a lovely whitewashed look and this piece sits alongside other beach finds in our bathroom.


I am a great admirer of the lovely shrines created by my fellow design team members and decided to try one myself. As it was late November the period of Advent came to mind - a time to reflect a little each day, getting away from the madness of being in the local panto and getting ready for Christmas. This Advent Peace Shrine really did help to create a little peaceful corner each day.


I probably create more ATCs than anything else through the year, not just with Calico Craft Parts but also for other challenges and just because I love making them. This was a collaborative ATC with my little grand-daughter (aged 4) who was visiting in July and had a wonderful time going through all the drawers and cupboards in the craft room. She particularly loved the Calico Craft Parts drawer and so I asked her to gather together some bits and pieces that I could make into a project. I love what she chose and the resulting "A Little Girl's Dream" ATC - she does too, it now sits on her bedside table.

As always thank you for joining me today and I'll be back in two weeks time with my first project of this year.

Jennie x

2 comments:

  1. Such delicate, romantic creations throughout the year, Jennie - lovely to see them again.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great round-up of the year, Jennie. It was a delight to see these beautiful projects again. x

    ReplyDelete