Wednesday 19 July 2017

Teacher Thank You Gift by Lesley

Hey people. A quick post from me this week.

End of term is looming and its a crazy time in my house......so many things going on!
Twin number one decided that she wanted to make her teacher a gift to say thank you for a great year. This got left to the last minute (and got left to me!) So.......i incorporated The making of a gift with my Calico make.......and this is what i rustled up!


This is the larger style of the MDF trug kits......wouldn't fit many sweeties in the smaller one!


I started by priming all pieces and both sides with gesso......and then literally just doodled with paint on the four sides and handle!


I wasn't quite happy with my random doodling......so i heat dried them.......and carried on doodling on top!


All the doodling was done with acrylic paint. I then used a watercolour to fill in any white spaces.


I then used a black fountain pen to add a few dots and circles.


The entire piece was then covered in a glaze to stop the water colour from running should it come into contact with water.

Now, all i have to do.....is stop Iris from eating all the sweets before handing over her little thank you gift!

Thanks for reading.
L.xx

Ingredients used
Plain MDF Trug Kit in large

1 comment:

  1. What a nice idea! This is such a colourful and fun gift. I just hope Iris can resist temptation! xx

    ReplyDelete