Wednesday 18 May 2022

Festival Time! Festival Heart by Kat Hazelton.


In Britain throughout the summer you will find a wide variety of festivals from big music concerts, country shows to smaller local fetes and fairs.  Fields become temporary homes to hundreds of tents, caravans and beautifully painted fairground attractions lit up with strings of pretty lights.  Big canvas tents are filled with stalls selling a wide range of treasures from vintage clothes, bric a brac, handmade crafts, yummy cakes and local farm produce. Often these tents and the surrounding areas of the fair are highly decorated with colourful bunting, balloons, cut flowers and pretty ornaments hanging from ribbons. Often reflecting positivity and love and created by local school children and craft groups. 

For this 'Kat Make' I have created a double sided Festival Heart. Perfect for hanging up at home or in the garden. 

If you are wanting to hang in garden please don't leave it out in heavy rain or cold conditions. 

To make a Festival Heart you will need. 



Acrylic paint. If you are wanting to hang outside then use waterproof/resistant paint and/or a waterproof coating. 
Paint brushes.
Glitters. 
Super glue. (especially if wanting to place outside)
Tacky or PVA. If wanting to leave outside please use a weather resistant glue.
Gem stones or sequins. 
Plastic or paper flowers. Remember use plastic if leaving outside. 
Ribbon or string for hanging.


Firstly I painted my heart shape with an undercoat of while matt paint. This helps to really bring out bright colours. I painted this side with bright neon pink, purple and blue.


I then painted my mushrooms in a matt black paint. Once dry I positioned and glued into place using super glue. I then glued on lots of fabulous glitter in various sizes. I then left this to fully dry. 


I then turned over my heart and repeated the same process. This time using a bright neon green and purple. 
Instead of glitter on these mushrooms I opted for gemstones which where attached with super glue. I then added swirls of glue which I glittered with bright green glitter to represent the beautiful summer grass lawns. 


 

To finish off I added some really cute little paper daisies and ribbon. It's now ready to hang in my garden. 



Well I hope you enjoyed another 'Kat make'. I hope they inspire you to have a go at creating your own.
If you have any questions please get in touch I am always happy to help if I can. 
Another 'Kat make' coming soon.
Until then happy making, 
Kat 😊


No comments:

Post a Comment