Saturday 6 November 2021

Snowy Christmas House by guest designer Lori Woods

Hello friends! I'm thrilled to be back, guest designing some Christmas crafts for you! 🎄

 I love the house and cabin kits from Calico Craft Parts, there are so many ways to decorate them and make each one unique. Because we're entering the festive period, I decided to create a little snowy Christmas house complete with Christmas decorations!



I started by putting together the Church- Schoolhouse MDF kit. The waste MDF from the windows was the perfect size for creating fake bricks on the sides of the house so I glued these on in small groupings to create a brick wall effect. Then I gave everything a coat of gesso.


I used texture paste on the walls to mimic the look of old crumbling plaster and painted it a dirty cream colour to give that extra shabby finish, and painted the bricks a dark red colour. For the roofs, I put down a layer of heavy body gel and scored through this while it was still wet to create the look of wooden planks. When it was dry, I painted the roof and the windows with a brown acrylic paint. I drybrushed white gesso over the entire house to give it a bit of a frosty look and then added areas of snow paste to finish the snowy effect.

To finished everything off I added some twine and colours bulbs made from moulds to look like Christmas lights and placed two little Christmas trees at the front door.

This little house was lots of fun to decorate and I hope it gives you some inspiration for your own Christmas decorations!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment