Saturday 20 November 2021

A vintage Christmas plaque by guest designer Lori Woods

 

Hello creative friends! I'm very happy to be back with my second guest design project for this month. 
For this project I wanted to keep it quite simple and really showcase some of the amazing MDF shapes available. I went for an old fashioned, shabby vintage look and kept the colour palette quite basic.
I started by covering one of the Gothic arch mixed media boards in white crackle paste. Once this dried I went around the edge with some gold paint.   


I applied a quick coat of white gesso to the Santa sleighDeco snowflakes corners, and Winter tree scene shapes and then coloured them with acrylic paints. To give that shabby snowy look, I then dry brushed white gesso over the top of everything. For the Mini deer sheet, the colour of the mdf was already perfect for the deer so I just gave them a gesso dry brush.

Then it was time to glue everything to the board. For the santa sleigh and the deer that are at the front of the composition, I layered some thick card underneath them so that they would pop out a little and give the piece some dimension. To finish everything off I added a star embellishment at the top of the arch to guide santa's sleigh! I hope this gives you some Christmassy inspiration for your seasonal crafting 🎄🎅



No comments:

Post a Comment