Monday 21 September 2020

An Autumn Visitor by Jannet


I hope all is well with you. Today we have a  little friend visiting us, a red squirrel sadly they are very rare in the UK now. I invited him in, and he sat him happily on a toadstool. 



My squirrel is enjoying nibbling on an acorn, I painted him with acrylic paints, and used some needle felting wool to give him his all important bushy tail. I also painted a toadstool and some leaves.


After coating the tag with white gesso I inked up a gelli plate, and laid some old lace over it which left a lovely pattern when removed. I pressed the tag onto it so the lace pattern was transferred. I used a stencil to add some tree branches.


On the lower half of the tag I added layers of texture paste keeping it thinner at the top and then adding a little marble dust as I bought it down to the base of the tag. I added art stones nearer the bottom to give  even more texture.I adhered my painted pieces  onto the tag, and added some autumn coloured  moss onto the tree branches. To complete the tag I found a suitable sentiment to stamp out onto a scrap of card and adhered it onto the tag 


Calico Craft Parts used


No comments:

Post a Comment