Monday 15 June 2020

Beside The Seaside - Beach Scene by Jannet


Dreaming of the Seaside is my inspiration for this months project. My little art doll is happily sitting next to her beach hut, and enjoying a yummy ice cream. Let’s hope the seagulls don’t come and pinch it out of her hand! 



After painting the beach hut I used a pokey tool to make a small hole in the front of the hut and pushed a piece of wire into it. I have a collection of shells, and picked out a tiny one to hang from the wire, and adhered another one no the very top of the roof. The beach hut also comes with a lifebuoy ring which I adhered to the top. 


I glued the beach hut together and hung some shells inside and painted a bucket and spade, and a sea shell to sit inside. I used a piece of wood as a base and adhered the beach hut onto it, and surrounded it closely with some shells. I used Decoart Sand Texture paste in between the shells to hold them together. I applied the texture paste quite thickly so I left it to dry overnight. The following day I painted over it.


My small art doll said she wanted to wear a summer dress to the beach, so I found some scraps of fabric and made her a little dress, and used some fibres around the hem. She reminded me that she needed a Beach bag to carry her towel, sun cream etc to the beach, so I quickly made her one with some ribbon. It was a hot day so she wore her needle felting wool hair up in a bun.  After painting the cone, I added some cream paste to the ice cream which swirled nicely like a real ice cream - yum! 


I adhered the little lady in place, and set her beach bag next to her, she is there for the day now! 

I love Calico Craft Parts art dolls, there are lots of different shapes and sizes to select from, and you can easily transform them into so many different characters.

Calico Craft Parts used


1 comment:

  1. I love this glorious sea side scene - there is so much amazing detail and the ice cream looks good enough to eat! Stay safe! xxx

    ReplyDelete