Wednesday 22 April 2020

"Stay Home" altered plaque - by Lesley

Hey everyone. Lesley here with some altered art for you.

I've been pondering for a while now whether to do a piece about what we're all going through at the moment, and this is what I came up with.


I started out with an oval media board which I covered with old sheet music. I used various spray inks and paints over the top and texture paste through a stencil. I finished off with a date stamp.


The next layer was a trefoil border mixed media board which had more ink and paint slung at it. 


I then used art deco foliage shape. I cut off the top bits and then enamel embossed it all.
The doll is an old cake topper! She was given a concrete look with textured paint. I used wire to attach her to the foliage shape.


I gave her a mask. Old fabric, rusted up of course!
And finally, I added a blank word element which I added the words "stay home" to.


Thanks so much for reading. Please take care and stay safe. 
L.xx

Ingredients used

1 comment:

  1. Such a cool assemblage piece, Lesley! This one really caught my eye and gives me so much food for thought. Love that!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete