Saturday 26 January 2019

Winteralbum with Tips and Tricks by Kerstin

Welcome!

The time was right to make a new handmade minialbum in size 15 x 15 cm.
In keeping with the season again in a winter theme.


You will also see on the next pictures,
 that I often like to disassemble the craft parts into several pieces.
Sometimes they accidentally break too, but even then they are not useless, 
because they can be put together very well...also to form new elements
 or to be used on smaller projects, such as on cards or ATCs.
 
For example, new pointers were created from the snowflake elements
which also remind me of clock hands.



I like to set special accents as highlights
 in combination with some other embellishments.


Calico craft parts used



I love the mixture of paper and fabric leftovers. 
Here I used some denim strips, canvas and a pom pom ribbon 
which looks like some soft snowballs.

 

Believe in the Magic ..
Here I removed the "..of Christmas" part and added some leaves from
Ivy leaf garland Style 2 instead.

I often use only a white embossing powder for the wooden shapes, 
I especially like this textured one because it looks like freshly fallen snow.


I used the mini snowflakes as a photo holder.
You only need to attach a small snowflake with a brad,
then you can fix a photo underneath.


some details


only one piece from the Snowflake ornament


here I used a Snow Writer from DecoArt as dimensional white
paint directly on the photo,
 because I simply can't do without 3D effects :-)


and  I only used the lower section from the Winter deer scene Style 1 
edited with clear Crackle Glaze and Snow Tex from DecoArt

You will find the upper part of this wood shape on the next album pages, which I will present in February.

Happy weekend creative friends!
Best wishes from Kerstin xx

3 comments:

  1. Such fabulous wintry textures - beautiful work, as always, Kerstin.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful little winter album, Kerstin. I like to break up the parts and reassemble them sometimes too and this works especially well on this project. There's something really magical about it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A heartfelt thank - you Alison and Julie Ann, I'm really pleased <3 <3!! Kerstin xx

    ReplyDelete