Wednesday 8 August 2018

Family Memories by Jennie

Hello and welcome to you all !


Today I am sharing one of the the smaller Calico Craft Parts ATC boxes which I have used to house three special family ATCs which I made last year.



You may remember that last February I made this small Tryptych of ATCs using photographs of my Nana (Eva) and her two sisters. It is a real favourite in our sitting room but unfortunately the ribbon is not strong enough to hold the three ATCs and they are always falling over! So I decided to cut off the ribbon and make a new holder for them.

If you would like to see how the ATCs were made then click the link HERE.


I painted the insides of the ATC box first with brown chalk paint and then stamped over the top with brown ink. I then stuck the box together before proceeding to the outside.


The outside of the box was painted with the same brown chalk paint before adding DecoArt Weathered Wood and a final coat of chalk paint. Finally a little bit of text stamping around the outsides.


A small Tag and Word Element were given the same treatment as the insides of the box.


The Copperplate letters fit nicely on the bar and a bit of muslin fills in the gap at the front.


The finished box ready to house the ATCs which will now no longer fall over!


As always thank you for joining me today and happy crafting!

Jennie x


Calico Craft Parts used:



4 comments:

  1. This is exquisite, Jennie. I particularly like the addition of the word element so beautifully decorated: the perfect finishing touch to a charming project.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely and so timeless!
    Such a beautiful way to show family photos!
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete