Thursday 9 November 2017

Don't Be A Face In The Crowd- Lesley

Hey people, Lesley here with an altered plaque for you. And its not Halloween......OR Christmas styley!!


I decided to go bright this time......something i struggle with, i'm normally a dark rusty sort of colour girl!
The board was primes with gesso to begin with. And i started building up layers.


Bits of torn up pages from an old book was first......then a printed napkin torn up.


I dropped watercolours on top and added a bit of water and let it dribble about.


Then i added some stamping. A circle stamp using white ink, and then a face stamp, using black ink.
And then finally, i used an ink pen to doodle little flowers and scribbles.


I painted the mini circles with silver paint and little rub ons of faces on top.
Using wire, i attached the circles to them and then wrapped them around the hand, and glued the arm in place.


I dusted off my Dymo label machine for the wording to finish.



Thanks for reading,
L.xx

Ingredients used
Square birch plaques
Mini MDF wood circles

3 comments:

  1. I love this Lesley! All that colour looks fabulous and it sounds like loads of fun to create! A great make for a grey time of year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesley,
    this is totally fun and so freakin cool!!Your art makes me happy!!
    Jackie xo

    ReplyDelete