Thursday 7 January 2016

Live Life In Colour by Lesley

Happy New Year peeps! 

Lesley here with my first post for 2016........and its a riot of colour!!


I wanted to make something bright and colourful......i think i've achieved it!


The base is actually from the drop box slider kit. I was making something with it a few months ago.......and we had an arguement which resulted in the drop box being lobbed across the room of stash! 

I'm not one to throw things away......so the base of the box has been reused in this creation. 
I gave it two coats of black gesso and then a layer of Decoart crackle glaze. Once dry, i splodged on some white paint, getting into all the cracks. 

I then painted 4 ATC's with black gesso as well. Then the fun part........


Using fluid paint pens, i splodged on a blob and blew!...........Laying up different colours. I did this to all four ATC's (nearly passed up half way through). Once they were all dried i then blew a really fine spray of ink over the top. Like this effect so took a different colour and did the same to the base.


I added little hearts painted, splattered and wrapped in rusty wire to the corners before gluing to the base.


I used mini plaques to create the words, using the same colours as the ATC's.


Had lots of fun making this....who knew i like colour this much!!

Thanks for reading!
L.xx

Ingredients used

Dropbox slider kit
Plain ATC blank
Primitive heart mini plaque
Notched rectangle mini plaque

2 comments:

  1. Lovely riot of colour Lesley and love how you recycled the base. Love the delicate spritz of colour too. The sentiment pieces are a lovely touch. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete