Monday 2 November 2015

Homespun Christmas cards by Astrid

Hello everyone and happy November!

With Halloween well and truly out of the way, I am in full Christmas Card making mode and thought I'd share couple with you, using some of the fabulous new Christmas themed Craft Parts as embellishments.


I'll give you a quick run through of how I put them together.


The larger one of the two is approx 7 x 7", the base is Kraft card. I layered two layers of design paper on the base, inked the edges and distressed them heavily.


To do that, I sprayed the edges with water, let it soak in for a moment or two and then curled and squeezed the edges and scraped them with the side of a pair of scissors.


The second paper layer also has some subtle stencilling, which I highlighted once dry with Decoart Metallic Lustre in Champagne.


The focal point of my card is this cute little snowman, you can find him HERE, together with a whole lot of other designs. At first I was sorely tempted to colour him, but in the end I just added a bit of brown shadow to one side, as I think the plain wood kind of fits my home spun theme here....


The Christmas words finished it all off, again there are a ton of different styles to choose from. I coloured them a bit with the same colour of Metallic Lustre. Oh and by the way, the I dot comes separately, so make sure you don't lose it.

The second card is about 6 x 6 and put together in a similar way. I just gave it a decorative edge with some dies from my stash and layered up different vintage Christmas images..


I used some of the super intricate mini snow flakes to embellish it, LOVE THESE!!! Different styles can be found HERE, endless choice and there are larger ones too! Below a few close ups:





Again all I did was highlight them with the metallic lustre, but they are gorgeous just as they come and of course also could be painted white, whatever you fancy.


Well, that's it, - two more cards to cross of my list. Thanks for visiting like always and see you next time! Stay crafty!!


9 comments:

  1. These are both beautiful Astrid! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Astrid these are sooo beautiful, I´m really loving these cards here, so beautiful and delicate in every details. Love the small snowflakes, you used here too, and the colors are also soo pretty too. Wonderful work hun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They certainly do have a wonderful homespun feel to them, I love how you distressed the edges to give them a lovely vintage look and the snowman is just adorable. I think I 'need' some of those beautiful snowflakes. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Craft Parts make fantastic focal points against the lovely shabby chic backgrounds. Great choice of papers and a lovely rustic feel to the distressed traditional colours.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the homespun feel to these, and you are really inspiring me to skip through the Thanksgiving cards and get cracking on my Christmas! I agree...love those snowflakes...so delicate. Great layout for both of these cards! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Astrid, your cards, are like wonderful old fashioned christmas cards, and with the Craft Parts so sweet and special. I have not long ago bought some wonderful sheets from them, too !!
    Love your great distressed edges !!
    Dorthe, xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the plaids and colors of your papers - the fun wooden pieces and all the distressing Astrid! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning and I love the homespun appeal. The CAP's are fabulous and I must get some of the Christmas ones soon x
    Tfs and hugs
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Astrid,
    Your cards are so beautiful and the vintage feel you created is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete