Sunday 17 May 2015

Gifts for friends by Astrid

Hi all, Astrid here with my latest project.

I had the pleasure of meeting up with Louise, our DT leader and our mutual friend Carol. We had a wonderful day out together and I decided to make them each a little gift:


So what are these you may wonder, and you will see that in a minute, but first I thought I'd show you which lovely Craft Parts I used:



Both of these are ATC wood blanks, which look like this when you first get them (there are many more styles, check them out)!

For my project today I decided to use them as toppers for the two little folders I made that can hold sticky notes.

I started by making the folders with the help of tags, inks and stamps:


The tag I used is about 8.5" long and I scored it at 4" and 4.5" to make a kind of book shape when folded. This was the first one I did.


This is the ATC blank, I love the postage stamp style of it and altered it with crackle paste, stamps and inks until it looked like this.


And here is the finished front of the folder. I also used one of the gorgeous Corner Wood Shapes and one of the little hearts to cover the hole in the tag.


Here is the inside with the sticky note pad stuck down. Such a shame they don't do these in more muted colours...


The word Fly was stamped on another one of the little wood shapes: The Notched Rectangle. These are great for titles etc.


As I like the shape of the ATC blank so much I did not use the frame for the front, but instead used part of it to decorate the right side of my folder.

The second one was done in a very similar way, just in a different style.



The out - and inside of the folder above and below the ATC blank adhered to the front. The photo is one of my hubby's relatives:


On this one I covered the hole on the tag with one of the Flourish Wood-shapes, again there are lots of different ones to choose from.


Here finally is the inside, decorated still with a couple of the Wooden Cogs Shapes.

Well, that's it for now and I will leave you with a photo taken during our lovely day out:


Louise is on the right, Carol on the left and in the middle Louise's Hubby in his Highlander outfit.

Thanks for visiting like always and have a creative week!!!

19 comments:

  1. They´re sooooooo beautiful as always Astrid and I love these small ATC blanks and how you used the frame here too. It looks fabulous.
    And what a lovely picture of your friends here too. You look great ladies and gent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exquisite vintage style as always, and what lovely gifts for Carol and Louise. I adore the ATC blanks... I bought a few so that I could give them to Cestina to take to CZ - I'm guessing they'll be appearing on dollshouse walls as mirrors and picture frames soon!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful gifts to your friends, they are both stunning, dear Astrid. Amazing what some papers, stamps and inks, together with your fantastic craftmanship ,can end up with. Also I love the blanks.
    Dorthe,xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Astrid! What great gifts you have made for Carol and Louise! These post it holders are just beautiful with the textured and dimensional covers!!! Love the crackle, as always! The photo is just lovely and so beautifully framed and adorned! Even the inside covers and backs are so lovingly decorated! Just love the whole package! (would you like me to send you some plain jone dull yellow sticky pads?? They are very ubiquitous here in USA, and I always find my neon ones are taken by my teenage daughter!)

    BREATH TAKING! Lucky ladies!
    Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Astrid, these are drop dead gorgeous! So much heart and soul went into these, what a lovely friend you are to much such fabulous gifts!! Just breathtaking inside and out! Great photo. Looks like a beautiful sunny day, but maybe still a little frosty?? Big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wonderful Astrid. I have never seen anything like these before... what a fantastic gift. I can't decide which one I like best.... hmmmmm... probably the first one but it's a close call!! You are just so talented. Thanks bunches for sharing.j.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning gifts Astrid with the most fabulous techniques and details. Love those craft parts too

    Tfs and hugs
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Astrid - what gorgeous projects for your friends!! Lots of wonderful textures, frames and what an awesome photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really,really stunning, what lucky friends they are to have you.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiya Astrid - what fabulous gifts - I'm sure the recipients were thrilled!! Hope you've had a good day today too! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love these Astrid. Such a cool idea and so beautifully embellished. I love them both. Hope I can make some of these too. Thanks so much. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous make! Firstly, both are so beautifully decorated! Secondly, great idea! These must be the best looking posted note holders I have ever seen! The blanks are great! Love the way you used them. Hugs,
    Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fabulous gifts for your friends! A brilliant idea and so beautiful! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What wonderful post it note holders Astrid, such lovely gifts for your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what fabulous gifts and so gorgeous!! As always the texture is wonderful. I love that crackle and stunning colors! Great photo! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMGosh! How fun for you all!! And those gifts are beautiful and I have to have those wood parts!! I love them!! Thanks so much for sharing Astrid!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. What wonderful gifts for your friends, Astrid! Love your steps on how you transformed these simple tags into unique little pieces of practical art! So fun and useful :) Love those Craft Parts!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your awesome project. You are so talented and you keep on impressing with all the fabulous projects you share.
    Thank you for sharing your lovely art.
    Hugs from Monica... Spain

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fabulous project, and, a beautiful gift for your friend.

    ReplyDelete