Thursday 20 May 2021

Timeless Beauty by Liz

  Hi guys, I'm back today with another dt post for

Calico Craft Parts,

Have you seen the amazing MDF and Plywood pieces they have in their online store? do check them out thery are well worth a visit,

So today I have altered one of the MDF House shaped mixed media boards, so many possabilities with these, but this time here's what I created


I also used the Mini MDF wood windows and the Panelled door with frame,



I gave them all a coating of white Gesso,


When dry I used a couple of stencils from my stash to decorate the House, this gives depth and added interest to the base, 


I adhered the windows of which I glued two single ones side by side both times to create a larger window effect, then I adhered the Door which I had previously painted with a light Patina effect paint and I had used some stone effect paste on the door frame,

I then added some brown paint to the window frames and another layer of white Gesso along with some crackle paste here and there too,


I went along the outside edges of the house with some distress ink, this gives a little definition to the house, as you can see I wanted a rustic look to the house so I went for a random look,

To finish off I took some flowers from my stash and adhered them as shown, then I adhered the Butterfly on top of the flowers and one on the top of the House for balance, these again I had first painted with white Gesso, then when dry a light Patina paint,

I hope I've inspired you to have a go,

Mdf House shape - Mixed Media Board

Mini Butterflies - Style 4

Mini Wood Windows - Wood Shapes

Panelled Door With Frame - style 8

Happy Crafting!!

Hugs Liz xx

No comments:

Post a Comment