Monday 11 May 2020

Steampunk ATC #10 - by Claudia

Hi, servus and thanks for stopping by today!

I would like to share with you #10 from my slowly growing collection of steampunk themed ATCs.
Maybe some of you remember the ATC holder I've done using one of the cool Calico Craft Parts ATC Display Box Kits...it's this one HERE and it seems I will need to do another one as this one can only take maybe one to two more ATCs. I also did another ATC display box (over HERE) that is wider and holds ATCs with other themes.

But today's post sees Steampunk ATC #10 starring. 



(for larger view click on images)

I just love this steampunk octopus with the diver's helmet (I have used this wood shape in a larger size on this project HERE one and a half years ago and it still is one of my favourite projects being displayed on my "own (and dear friends') projects shelves") - it's so cool, isn't it?
But the ATC frame is equally cool from my point of view! And the smallest size octopus fit in there just perfectly - YAY!



Calico Craft Parts used: 

- Deep Sea Diver Octopus - MDF Wood Shape
- Plain ATC Wood Blank with Steampipe Clock Frame

The cool thing with the Calico Craft Parts ATC Frames is that they take a lot of mixed media and really heavy stuff like for example a very thick coat of DecoArt Triple Thick - which was what I added in and around the octopus wood shape to create the impression of water on top of the painted background.



On top of the three clocks I used a good dose of DecoArt Liquid Glass and let that dry over night.



The steampipe frame was painted using DecoArt media fluid acrylics and dabbed on hints of DecoArt Vintage Brass Matte Metallics.


The octopus was painted using Titanium White, English Red Oxide, Phtalo Turquoise, Cobalt Teal Hue and Diarylide Yellow DecoArt media fluid acrylic paints. All the craft parts were primed by dry brushing them with two layers of DecoArt "lace" Chalky Finish paint. 


The background was painted using Phtalo Turquoise and Titanium White (mixing the paints wet on wet on the ATC background plate) media fluid acrylics. On top of the dried paint I sprinkled DecoArt Shimmer Misters Turquoise and White using the unscrewed nozzles to sprinkle the paint on.

I had a very relaxing ATC painting session creating #10 and I already have an idea for #11 ;)



Hugs, stay safe and happy crafting!
Claudia
xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment