Saturday 28 September 2019

BlackBerry Wood ATB by Jannet


Hi, I am delighted to have been invited to guest design for you today. It was difficult deciding what to create, with so many wonderful wood products to select from! I love hares so I knew I just had to pick them!



I used acrylic paints to colour my hares, and mixed a little fine marble dust into the paints to give some texture to the hares furry coats.  After painting the yummy blackberries, I applied some glossy accents over the top to give them a juicy, irresistible appearance


I covered the inside panels of my cube box with gesso, and water coloured  a background. I also stamped a few trees, and birds. Some autumn flowersoft added depth and texture to some of the trees.


I covered the bottom panel in a generous application of DecoArt texture paste. I arranged my hares, blackberries, twigs, and other items from nature into it. After setting it aside to dry overnight, I covered the outside panels of the cube with texture paste. When everything was dry I painted  some autumn colours over the texture paste. 

Before assembling and gluing the cube together, I hung a bird from the inside top using a little thin thread. When the cube was set, I adhered a twig to the front of it, and perched some little birds onto its branches. I then draped some  autumn coloured moss over the top of the cube, and down over the branches to give the appearance of autumn leaves.  I finished by adhering some painted art stones all around the bottom of the box cube. 

I had great fun playing with the hares and all of the enchanting wood products. I will be back on the 12th October with my final guest  project. Have fun, there are so many different and wonderful things you can create with the vast array of wood shapes at Calico Calico Craft Parts . xx


I used the following products for Blackberry Woods




3 comments:

  1. This is utterly adorable, Jannet!
    Love your attention to detail and you have painted the craft parts so beautifully! What a lovely shadow box - a true treasure!
    Thanks for being our guest!

    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely project, Jannet! I love the natural feeling and the 3D effects! Welcome as our GD to the Calico Blog! Kerstin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a beautiful project Jannet. I love hares too, so I'm delighted to see them take centre stage on this exquisite creation. xx

    ReplyDelete