Thursday 18 January 2018

Houses Galore! by Lesley

Hey everyone.
This week I have been playing with little houses. And because the weather is so rubbish......I thought I would use some super bright colours!!


I used lots of different sizes of the house kits. Gluing them all together to begin with.
I then gave them all a coat of white gesso.


I gave a few of the roofs a coat of crackle paste, a one had a coat of sand texture paste. When they were dry, i rubbed coloured wax on top.
Next i painted them all in blue, orange and purple.
The roofs that didn't have paste on, i covered with some flocked covered paper, which i rescued out of the charity box!


I then just let loose with some stamps and paint pens, covering all the sides of the houses.


Next, i took a sheet of the mini doors and windows and used wax to colour them and then glued in place.


I didn't glue them into place on the chunk of wood.....i'm thinking i should maybe add a little fence!

Thanks for reading
L.xx

Ingredients used
Block style house kit
Block style with wonky roof house kit
Block style house wide with wonky roof
Sheet of tiny doors and windows

4 comments:

  1. I love your colourful little town, Lesley. It really cheers up the wintry days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this to bits, Lesley! So artsy and colourful! And I love the wood block base they all stand on! A brilliant idea and so inspiring!
    Hugs,
    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your wonderfully colourful houses, really uplifting on this dull Sunday afternoon. Adore your block,of wood too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw this on the Calico website and just had to come over for a look, this is absolutely adorable, I just love those little houses and the wood block is such a great platform for them! Anne x

    ReplyDelete