Thursday 14 December 2017

Christmas Angel Bauble by Jennie



The month of December is fairly running away with us now and around our house little bits of Christmas are appearing here and there.  The tree is not yet up so I thought it would be an ideal time to make a little Christmas Angel Bauble to hang on it.


I chose the smallest of the little Angels which sits so beautifully on the middle sized MDF bauble.


The MDF bauble was given a coat of gold acrylic paint before being crackled with DecoArt Weathered Wood. I wanted to keep the background as light as possible, so used a very white acrylic paint for the top coat crackle.  It looks more woody in real life! I then edged the bauble with a gold pen and added some text stamping here and there with a light gold ink.


I used the same colours on the little Angel but first gave her a coat of gesso which I left blank on her arms and face as they had a light pinkish hue (much better than trying to find a skin colour amongst my paints!). I did add a little sparkly crackle to her wings.


I layered the Angel on some foam pads which allowed me tuck some vintage elements in and around her and which also left room to add a small sentiment.


I finished off with a few micro beads for a bit more textural interest.


I think this would make a lovely gift at Christmas either for hanging on the Christmas Tree or adorning a present as a tag, particularly as the bauble and angel are so very inexpensive. So do have a look at how you can use Calico Craft Parts for your christmas tags.

Thank you for joining me today at this busy time and happy crafting!

Jennie x


Calico Craft Parts used:




8 comments:

  1. This is absolutely lovely, Jennie! The perfect Christmas tag!
    Merry Christmas to you!
    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claudia. Wishing you and your family a very happy and peaceful Christmas x

      Delete
  2. Oh, how charming, Jennie - you've brought that adorable angel to life brilliantly.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The angel is so sweet and she looks lovely on your 'weathered' bauble. This will look beautiful on your tree for sure! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful soft coloring and on this lovely angel ornament Jennie! So pretty with the crackle and gold text stamping. The lovely fibers and rose are the perfect accents! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your lovely comments. The tree went up this afternoon and I am just going to hang her on it now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous addition to your tree! This bauble is exquisite. xx

    ReplyDelete