Thursday 9 February 2017

Gibson Glamour! By Jennie

Hello and welcome to my first ever art doll ....


Ever since the kit arrived it has been calling me and so I couldn't resist it any more! However I was really unsure what I was going to do so I just went with the flow!


All the pieces got a coat of DecoArt Raw Sienna Acrylic Paint. DecoArt Buff worked very well for a skin tone and I had to sneak some black paint from my husband's paint box for the boots!

I then painted a thin layer of DecoArt Crackle Paint over the brown and waited for the magic to happen.


I knew I wouldn't be able to paint a face so used this Gibson girl stamp which fitted the head perfectly!

I cut a small piece from a larger steampunk floral corner for a bit of dress decoration.


Her skirt is made of different layers of muslin, netting and lace - a bit transparent!
I made a full net skirt first and then added strips of muslin and lace.
A wide piece of lace covers all the messy bits at the waist and I added some tiny pieces of lace as cuffs.

I couldn't resist the large flower!


I love her! and creating her was so much fun!
She might have to have a friend soon ....

Thank you for joining me today.

Jennie x

Live the Dream

Calico Craft Parts Used:



8 comments:

  1. You managed to do something so stunning in a few easy steps! You are so creative Jennie. ..love her delicate dress and yes the big flower is a wonderful accent. I only wish she could smile a bit. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super clever Jennie, even though I ma not a fant of art dolls, I adore whta you did with this one and the fact she can sit and stand. Using the Ginson girl face was a great idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you have done with the doll parts Jennie x the crackle is wonderful and I so love her dress

    Tfs and hugs
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennie, she is beautiful and I love how you used the Gibson girl for the head! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Jennie! the lace and muslin make a gorgeous airy dress and the crackle is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely and glamorous Gibson Girl, Jennie! She is stunning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's absolutely charming - love the froth of all the vintage lace, and the Victorian bootees are a lovely detail.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the art dolls and your interpretation!
    The lace is such a beautiful addition to your gorgeous beauty!

    Claudia xx

    ReplyDelete