I started by priming my canvas with a coat of gesso. Using different shades of green watercolour paints, i randomly covered the canvas.
I applied texture paste through a stencil to the sides of the canvas and over parts of the front.
I then used crayons to add more colour and texture.
The stems of the flowers are actually parts from the steampunk pipework mdf set with the ends cut off. These and the minishields were coloured with crayons as well.
I added a coat of Decoart triple thick gloss to the top.
And finished off with black ink on the edges and some words.
Thanks for reading.
Pipework maze MDF
Mini wood shields, set 2
Mini wood shields, set 3
Mini wood shields, set 4