The base is chunk of wood which was recycled. (used to be a floorboard in a previous life) I gave it a rough coat of white gesso to give the paint something to grab onto.
Using a variety of colours paintwise..........i built up lots of layers until i was happy with the look of the wood.
The nails were rusted up before hammering into the side of the wood.
The dolls face was a little vintage find which i very nearly killed! Due to lack of patience i took the heat gun to it to speed up paint drying, and managed to melt the top of her head. Poor thing.
Anyhoo........after painting, i applied some crackle glaze randomly and then rubbed in some paint once it was dry. With the star garland, i used embossing powder in a black with gold specks. Makes it pop!
I packed the inside of the face with clay, so i had a surface to glue the face down with. And added some rusty wire.
I used one of the mini plaques and a few rub-ons were added to the wood to finish it off.
Thanks for reading.