Saturday 22 February 2020

Spring Home Decor by Kerstin

Welcome!

I was inspired to create an altered art springtime picture frame in shabby chic style, 
suitable to my spring home decoration this year.
Especially in this grey and gloomy weather you cannot start early enough.

 I used some elements which were made with silicone moulds 
together with some awesome shapes from Calico Craft Parts.




How I worked with DecoArt products


1. Weathered Wood Crackle Medium
2. MDF wood shapes and some elements made with air drying modelling clay and moulds
3.Chalky Finish Paint 'Vintage'
4. Creme Wax brown
5. Vintage Effect Wash white
6. finally highlighted with Metallic Lustre 'Champagne Ice'


some close up's









You know I've always been in love with the

Because you can use it as roots stocks too!


 So I just turned the wood shape over and removed part of the trunk.


 Calico Craft Parts used:





Happy crafting!

Kerstin

2 comments:

  1. It's so lovely being able to see your beautiful project in "action" in the place it was created for, Kerstin! I always love your shabby chic projects and inventive use of wood shapes - the roots are just genius!

    Hugs,
    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much dear Claudia! Hugs, K. xxx

      Delete