Monday 30 December 2019

Julie Ann's Calicco Review of 2019

Hello Everyone and Welcome to my last post of 2019. This year has flown by! I hope that your festivities were joyful and peaceful and that you are looking forward to a new year of hope and happiness. On the eve of 2020, I just wanted to share with you 3 of my favourite projects of 2019.

Back in March I tried working on a larger scale with a fantasy shrine that I named 'Who in the world am I' - a quote from 'Alice in Wonderland'!




While towards the end of February, I looked forward to long summer days and evoked Wonderland with the White Rabbit and Alice in the topsy-turvy land of a reversed canvas.



Finally, as January drew to a close I created a Clarice Cliff inspired doll with a tag body and a Christmas bauble for a head. The blue skies on her dress and the warm rays of the sun reminded me that spring was really just around the corner!


At this point, deep in the winter's cold and darkness, let's remember the bulbs we planted working away underground and pushing upward toward the light. I wish you a Happy New Year filled with creative joy and New Beginnings! 

1 comment:

  1. All of your pieces from 2019 were inspiring to me Julie Ann!! I especially loved the Alice themed and the Clarice Cliff doll. Also happy to have been introduced to Clarice's art through you! Thank you indeed!

    And thank you to all the Calico Craft staff for a wonderful year of inspiration!
    xx

    ReplyDelete