Saturday 23 March 2019

Acrylic Pouring and Calico Craft Parts

Hello everyone!

Now I have finally tried out this trend-setting Acrylic Pouring Technique. 
I still had an MDF "&" sign in my inventory and thought "Well, fine...that one has to bite the dust now".
I worked with DecoArt Pouring Medium and the Puddle Pour method.


 That's a simple technique where acrylic paints are layered on top of each other in several ‘puddles’.
 I chose this method because it seemed more suitable for this MDF piece. Flow movements can be controlled a lot better.
 I used only four colours: white, black and Metallic paints 'Copper' and 'Silver' from DecoArt.  
After a longer drying time I examined my attempt....hm...."why not?"...but I still wanted to make something special out of it. Then I saw the new steampunk parts and thought we'd see if we could combine them.


some close up's 


These new amazing wood shapes look like finished collages. I don't know how to make them even more beautiful, because they are already perfect. So I only used a very fine black embossing powder.


Then I added a cut out steampunk lady head together with two feathers,
 a wooden gear and a small light bulb


 I also used black embossing powder for the dial.

 
This beautiful old key was first painted with white crackle paint and after drying covered with Metallic Lustre 'Black Shimmer' (DecoArt) .



the upper edge was stamped

Calico Craft Parts used:


I had a lot of fun trying out this new technique, 
Now it's a very special sign and deserves a place of honour.

Thanks for your visit!

Happy crafting!
Kerstin

 


4 comments:

  1. What a great idea to combine a CCP and this method, Kerstin. The acrylic pour looks amazing with the craft part and the steam punk embellishment and cut out lady are the perfect finishing touches. I love to just look at that amazing marble effect. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Julie Ann, I always appreciate your sweet comments! Creative hugs from Kerstin xx

      Delete
  2. This is mouth watering Kerstin what a fabulous surface to use for your acrylic pour and all those embellishments team together so well. Such a creative piece giving us something new to look at at each glance. Unique in design and I love it. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Creative wishes Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tracey, I'm very glad you like my new idea. Creative hugs, Kerstin xx

      Delete