Thursday 27 December 2018

Tis the Season Gift Box by Jennie

Hello and welcome on this third day of Christmas! 


I am sorry I don't have three French Hens to share with you but I do have a seasonal gift box which I thought would be useful to house a small present for the New Year.



I really love these book/box kits and enjoy that they can be covered in mixed media products or papers.


For this one I have used a combination of both.



The box is very easy to trace around to get the papers to fit well.



The inside box was painted with a watery green acrylic paint and then stamped lightly with a woodgrain stamp. Just a highlight of a woody grain is enough to make it look like the real thing!



The outside of the box was first given a coat of gesso, another coat of white acrylic paint and then covered in DecoArt Crackle Paste. A very watery layer of water soluble die inks came next.


The Christmas Holly Wreath and Bow fits the front of the book perfectly. I painted this with ordinary red and green acrylic paints which I then crackled with DecoArt Crackle Paste.


I love how the final layer of DecoArt Antiqueing Cream really highlights the cracks.



A Gift Box for the Season!

As always thank you all for joining me today and best wishes for the rest of this seasonal time.

Jennie x


Calico Craft Parts used:


2 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful box, Jennie. I love how you decorated it both inside and outside. It would make the perfect, Christmas gift. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie Ann - I decided to keep it myself and it looks fabulous sitting on the lounge table!

      Delete