Monday 31 December 2018

A Calico Review by Julie Ann

The eve of another new year and we wait for what 2019 will bring! Have you made a list of resolutions yet, or maybe chosen a theme for the year ahead? Whatever the year has in store, I hope it allows you some creative time. This is a time to look ahead, but also to reflect on the things we enjoyed about 2018 so I've selected my 3 favourite Calico projects from 2018 to share with you today.



Spring seems a long time ago now, but here's a reminder from March 2018 that daffodils will be peeking up again in not so many months from now! This was a tag art doll that was so much fun to create with Calico Craft Parts.



Then, still in the realm of the art dolls on tags, I created this little twig keeper! She is definitely my favourite make from 2018. She hangs in my studio, offering me twigs to use in my projects and generally brightening things up.



For my final choice, I move forward a little into the Summer of 2018 and a stack of storage boxes for all my bits and bobs. These were not only lots of fun to make, they have been really useful too.

 I'm going to include a link below to Calico Tags, House kits, Storage Boxes and Dolls because these, along with a multiplicity of exquisitely crafted and detailed decorative shapes, have proved a wonderful resource for me over the past year! Do take a look at the amazing range of shapes and kits stocked by Calico and the exciting opportunities they give for creative projects. I can't wait to see what new designs Helen has in store for us in 2019!

Thank You so much for the kind comments you have left over the past year. They have meant so much to me and Thank You to Calico Craft Parts for all the inspiration their products have given me and the opportunity to create and share here on their blog. I do hope that 2019 will bring you joy, creativity and good company. Happy New Year!



2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Love the 3 pieces here; I have been wanting to make some of those blocks...that may be my New Year’s resolution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Linda, I do hope you get the chance because they are great fun to assemble and alter and useful too. A happy and creative New Year to you. xxx

    ReplyDelete