Thursday 22 March 2018

Lace and Ribbon Holder by Jennie



Hello ! and welcome to another really useful project! It will not have escaped your notice that we have some wonderful new boxes here at Calico Craft Parts. The ATC and Tag Display Boxes are I am sure going to be very popular and Claudia shared her wonderful ATC project with us the other day.

However, my mind went down a completely different route and I thought lace and ribbon holder! And so here it is - a different take on the ATC Display Box!


The kit is very easy to put together and after I found these gorgeous papers the other day decided to cover mine with the paper rather than mixed media products.


I painted the inside with chalk paint but before glueing it all together I traced around the ends and the back so that I had my papers already cut out for glueing later rather than having to size them on the completed project.


Everything glued together and remembering to add the little ribbon spool !


Before adding the papers I blended a little vintage brown ink around the edges to age it.


No matter how well you trace and cut there will always be a little edge of paper, so rather than cutting this off I normally sand it down and then blend more ink around the edges.


The empty box with the addition of an appropriate word element .....


..... and one of the new beautiful little tags which nicely covers up where I had to join the papers!


The lace and ribbon cards were die cut using a fancy edged die. I cut them first in light board before covering them with the paper to make them nice and sturdy.


This little bottle makes a lovely container for some small pearl buttons.


I hope this gives you some ideas for using this wonderful little kit - I am sure there will be others !

Thank you for joining me today.

Jennie x

Live The Dream

Calico Craft Parts Used

4 comments:

  1. Jennie, this is such a gorgeous and ingenious make! I love the use of the beautiful tiny tag. You've shown how versatile these storage pieces can be. I've so enjoyed your and Claudia's very different adventures with this highly adaptable storage from Calico! Wouldn't this make a fabulous gift for a creative friend too? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie Ann. Yes I keep thinking that it would work for textiles too for all my bits and pieces for finishing off.

      Delete
  2. What a brilliant idea, and beautifully executed - perfect shabby chic storage for the ribbons and laces.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alison - it looks really lovely sitting on my desk.

      Delete