Thursday 15 March 2018

A Kaleidoscope of Butterflies by Lesley

Hey people.....Lesley here!

You may have noticed that Helen has gone large AND very small with a new release of wooden tags!
The tiny ones are beyond cute! And the larger ones are super versatile! I have created a mixed media version for you using some mini butterflies.


I didn't bother using any gesso on the tag......just dove straight in with my paint! I used a brayer to apply the paint, drying the layers inbetween so the colours didn't muddy.


I then used white paint and a butterfly stencil from my stash.

Lots of layers were added including stamping, dripping of paint, and a few bits of washi tape.......


I used a sponge to apply two different shades of blue to the little butterflies.


Finally, i added ribbon to the top of the tag.


Best thing about these huge tags is.....you can chuck pretty much anything at them.....and they take it!


Thanks for reading,
L.x

Ingredients used

Mini MDF butterflies, style 6
MDF tag shape, rounded rectangle

2 comments:

  1. These tags are such a great idea! I love the little butterflies on this one and the mixed media effects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous color play Lesley! And I love those butterflies- thinking Spring!
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete