Thursday 22 February 2018

ATB Desk Tidy by Jennie


Hello! and my apologies for sharing yet another desk tidy! I have found my little trug so very useful I decided to convert the ATB stack kit into another desk top tidy.


As with my previous project I painted the inside of the box with chalk paint. I decided to do this before making up the boxes and it was a good call! Once dry the boxes were made up. Although I haven't used the lids of the boxes, they are still very sturdy and glued together well.  I then painted the outside in the same chalk paint. Now that the boxes were made up I was able to see how I wanted to join them together and that allowed me to identify the surfaces that would be seen. I decided to go for a small connected group.


I still had a whole half of my napkin left and being a larger project was able to make use of the large blousy roses.


Once the napkins were in place I used a layering stencil and texture paste to add a little raised definition here and there and also added some light stamping with waterproof ink.


Once sealed with multi medium DecoArt Crackle Glaze was applied quite thinly but just enough to get a lovely crackle. White Antiqueing Cream was then added to highlight the cracks. It always looks so good on the darker colours.


A little DecoArt Gold Metallic paint was added to the textured areas before adding embellishments. I used some lace around the top to disguise the "crennelations" around the top (where the lid of the ATB would have gone) and also added a little strip of paper around the inside.


I had thought to use this on my craft desk but I think it is far too posh! It now looks rather swish in my sewing area with scissors, needle book and other sewing paraphernalia.

Thank you for joining me today and I hope that this little project shows how versatile Calico Craft Parts products are for creating little Home Decor items.

Jennie x


Calico Craft Parts used:




4 comments:

  1. Another lovely project for your tidy desk, Jennie! You've been creating such a beautiful series with these! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely no need for apology, Jennie. This is gorgeous and so useful. I love your series of pretty and practical desk tidies. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed, no need for apology, your desk tidy is really beautiful and so practical too! The blousy roses are so lovely and the beautiful lace ties the pieces together so well! xx

    ReplyDelete