Thursday 15 February 2018

Altered Rusted Triptych-by Lesley

Hey people. Lesley here with an altered triptych for you.

I opted to use one of the rounded arched ones, but there are other shapes available over in the shop.


I started by drawing round the three shapes onto patterned script paper and cutting out.
I then started to layer up the pieces, using ink, paint and stamps.


I used a stencil and crackle paint to give the pieces some more depth.


Rust embossing powder was used in patches. And I added liquid rust, allowing it to drip down the pieces.



I used some of the new art deco tulip pieces as centre pieces, embossing them in rust, a dark green and patina oxide colour.


Twine was attached around the large one using staples.
I then glued the pieces of card to the shaped wood.


I added wording from my stash, using a piece of corrugated card from packaging.


To finish, I added jump rings to hold the pieces together.


Thanks for reading,
L.x

Ingredients used
Domed Triptych Kit
Art deco tulip ornament, style 25
Art deco tulip ornament, style 27

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic texture, Lesley, I love this. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh! This is just amazing, Lesley! I always admire and love your unique approach to the Craft Parts! You really know how to turn these into pieces of interesting and inspiring art! xxx

    ReplyDelete