Thursday 25 January 2018

Desk Tidy Trug by Jennie


Hello! and welcome to my second desk tidy project which is a trug to house lace, scrim, muslin and hessian string on my desk.


I have made this trug to match the Vase I made at the beginning of the month, using the same products.  You can find that post HERE.


I glued the trug together before painting it inside and out with the acrylic chalk paint - as I was not adding any techniques at this stage it seemed the easiest way to do it. As the trug has a larger area than the vase I was able to use one of the larger flowers on the napkin. I am a bit of a napkin hoarder and am known for very carefully NOT using my napkin at friends it going straight into my handbag and replaced by a tissue!


As with the vase I stamped here and there with permanent ink after the crackle glaze was dry. I then added the gold paint on the textured words and around the edges of the drug. Once everything was dry I gave it a final coat of matt varnish.



The trug is just a perfect size to sit on my desk full of a little bit all those things I use in almost every project but hopefully will not now mean opening the big textile drawer and hunting for everything and making a huge mess!


As always thank you for joining me today.

Happy crafting!

Jennie x


Calico Craft Parts used:

7 comments:

  1. Love your charming set, Jennie!
    You do the shabby chic flower style so well! Always a delight to look at!
    Hugs,
    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty - a perfect matching set.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful and practical desk tidy, Jennie - exquisite and charming. It makes the perfect companion to the little house vase. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can almost picture your craft table; so tidy and a heavenly place to play! Gorgeous set, Jennie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So feminine and just beautiful...a delight to use xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and such a great idea! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete