Friday 5 January 2018

Birdy Box by Lesley

Happy New Year people! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas?
I am so ready to get back to normality.....whatever that is!

My first piece for this year is a small altered book box kit.


I started by painting the front and back with black gesso. And I glued the rectangle insides of the box together and set it aside to dry.

Using a page from an old book, I tore it up and inked the edges before gluing down on the front of the cover.


I used a new bird stamp from my stash and black embossing powder. And added a small bird which I coloured silver with wax. A bit of silver thread was added behind the bird.

On the back of the book, I used the same stamp, but with silver embossing powder.


I used three more of the birdies for the inside of the box, and added some micro beads and a dusting of fine glitter.


To finish I added silver wax to all the edges.


Thanks for reading,
L.x

Ingredients used
Plain cover MDF Book box
Mini MDF Garden Birds

2 comments:

  1. Love your birdie book box Lesley! Happy New Year to you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE love love this, Lesley! Crafted poetry as I like to call magical pieces like this!
    Hugs,
    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete