Wednesday 12 July 2017

Sweet Art Doll by Jennie

Hello everyone and welcome to a fun little project today!


I had so much fun making my glamorous (Gibson) art doll that I thought I would try a smaller one to keep her company.  I have tried some slightly different techniques this time but I must say she is a bit contrary in terms of getting her photo taken! 


I wanted to use some old book paper for her body and it was very easy to draw around the shapes in the board once the body had been popped out for painting.


As she is one of the smaller dolls I used chalk paints to paint the rest of her body as I felt crackle might be a bit overpowering.


Her skirt is made up of three leaf stamps which I have stamped on linen and then layered over some netting.  A piece of narrow ribbon and then the flower hides all the glued edges!


Unlike some of the team here I am absolutely no good at drawing and painting faces so I went through just about ALL my stamp collection to find a head that fitted! It was a lovely exercise and I actually discovered stamps I had completely forgotten all about.  This was one of my very first stamps purchased about eight years ago. 


I think she will make a good companion for my Gibson girl even though they couldn't sit alongside each other for a photograph !

As always thank you for joining me.

Happy crafting!

Jennie x

Live The Dream

Calico Craft parts Used:


5 comments:

  1. She is just brilliant, Jennie! I love art dolls and she is adorable: her stance; the book text bodice and her little skirt and ruff are all such lovely touches. Fabulous project! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love your art doll Jennie xxxx Great details too

    Hugs Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's charming, Jennie - love the book text bodice, and petal tutu - beautifully designed and made.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sweet little art doll Jennie! She has such a lovely face and skirt! So creative! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete