Hey people......Lesley here with a little altered book for you!
I found the book when having a sort out. It had a plain kraft coloured cover.
I started by applying a coat of gesso to the front and back.
Using some powdered pigments......i sprinkled it on spraying water as i went. Once i was happy with the coverage, i dried it with a heat gun.
I used a bronze coloured wax to go around the edges.
In order to have the butterflies in the aperture, i had to glue a few pages together to take the weight of them. When they were dry, i glued a square of metal to the front.
The mini butterflies were covered with glue, then dipped into teeny tiny micro beads. I left them to dry and then added a coat of Decoart triple thick gloss to seal them.
To finish, i gave the covers a coat of matt glaze to protect them.
Thanks for reading.
Mini MDF butterflies style 3
Mini MDF butterflies style 2