Thursday 3 June 2021

We're All A Little Mad Here/ Liz Marsden

  Hi guys, I saw this fabulous Mdf Journal book on the Calico Craft Parts website, you can buy it with inner sections for 5 different layouts, I chose the one with 2/ 4 sections this time, these I glued together and adhered into the base inside,

I will start with the outside front cover, which I painted with some acrylic paints in a couple of shades of blue, I painted the lighter shade first, then when dry went over here and there with the darker one, I let these dry completely, I painted the inside sections at this stage too,


I wanted to make the journal with an vintage Alice in Wonderland theme of which I had in my stash some images and a stencil, so taking the stencil and some modelling paste I stencilled through the word stencil placing it towards the top so I could adhere an image lower down,

I also used a hearts and clock stencil at the opposite corners of the journal front to balance it up,

when all the stencilling was dry I went over the top using some waxes in blue and gold, this highlights the stencilling, and kept the vintage look,

I then added these fabulous small Fleur-De- Lis hinges on the front,I kept these in the colour they came in to match with the book spine which I had left as it came too,



The journal comes with a piece of Mdf you can use to close the journal with, I haven't used it this time though as instead I used some stretchy string to go around the cover and back,



I cut down a scene of the Alice papers I had in my stash along with some Emphemera which I adhered onto the back of the front cover, this gave interest with out being to bulky,

I gathered together some more die cut images, flowers, another saying and a bottle which I had filled with glitter to look like the Potion Alice drinks, then on one of the sections I used the adorable caddy kit add on in small, for the mdf Tea, teapot and cups which of course fit brilliantly with the Alice theme, these I again kept in their natural colours as the inside spine to make it all mix and match,



These are so useful !!!and can of course be painted etc if needed,


I created this for my Granddaughter who loved it!! 

Calico Craft parts:

Journal tray 

Caddy Kit add on sheet - Tea Set

Hinges - Fleur-De-Lis


Do check out these and lots more Mdf and Plywood products at reasonable prices,

Happy Crafting!!

Hugs Liz xx

No comments:

Post a Comment