Saturday 27 February 2021

A very gothic birthday.... by Ambika Bakshi-Patton

 

Hello friends

Here is a project that may inspire you to try something a little bit different.
My youngest daughter, and my step daughter have reached their "Goth" phase, which is fantastic since I never really grew out of mine!
I had a lot of fun making an easel card that the more conservative side of my family would be appalled at! After all, what is the point of being a Goth if you cant shock the "Normies"!


I decided to rearrange the gravestones by trimming the frame and re-glueing the smaller tombstone on the opposite side.
I used a circle mask to create a basic blended ink night sky for the left tombstone. I used self-adhesive rhinestones on the coffin to add extra detail, then painted all the chipboard pieces with black gesso, ocassionally stippling for extra texture.
I coloured the chipboard pieces with green and bronze rubbing wax, and used silver to highlight the finer details.


I created the background with blue card and black gllitter past and a stencil. I coloured some paper flowers red and purple, and used some broken jewellery and black polymer clay roses to bulk out the focal point which I die cut and embossed. 

The grey frame was made of card covered in crackle paste and painted over with a thin black wash. The background is some design paper from my stash.
For the wood efffect on the cofffin and the inside of the card I used 3D embossing folders.
I deided to make a birthday card as one of my baby Goths had a birthday coming up, but I could just as easily have made this into a slightly macabre get well soon card!
I hope you like this, and are inspired to create something unconventional of your own!

Calico Craft Parts Used 


2 comments:

  1. So cool! Great use of the multi frame! Thanks for sharing your awesome make with us!

    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete