Monday 29 June 2020

Buzz, Buzz, Buzz by Jannet


Buzzing Bees speak softly of all things summer. I have used the lovely mini bees and beehive set, to make a 7 x 7 card, and a media board, with lots left over too. 



The bees didn’t want to stay still for very long so I painted them quickly with acrylic paint. To add some glimmer to their wings I used some white mica powder mixed with a little water. After water colouring the background I stamped honeycomb around the edges of the card. I am not sure if it shows in the photo, but I clear embossed over the top of the honeycomb to make it look glossy and honeyish. I stamped the be kind sentiment in the centre, and adhered the bees, and hive. I wasn’t stung once in the process!


I repeated the same process as above this time with a mixed  media board, you can select to have holes put into your media board if you wish. I threaded some faux leather cord through the holes so I could hang it in the porch.  I even have several bees and a hive left over to make another card or whatnot.

Stay safe xx 
Calico Craft Parts Used

No comments:

Post a Comment