Wednesday 18 April 2018

Sepia Tag by Jennie

Hello and welcome!

I seem to be in a bit of a sepia mode at the moment and today I am sharing a tag which I thought would make a welcome change for my friend's birthday instead of a card.


The new selection of MDF tags are just perfect for combining for a special project and it is lovely to know that their sturdiness will ensure a longer life than perhaps a card.


I gave the tag a couple of coats of gesso before using my palette knife to add DecoArt Crackle Paste here and there. Once it had done its stuff and crackled I added some stamping in the spaces and a little vintage ink around the edges.


I love these gorgeous flourishes and knew that this one would be just the perfect base for a flower cluster.


The crackle glaze hasn't gone on too well as the flourish is very finely cut but there are crackles here and there.


However, I did add some gold wax to it later as it looked a little lost on the tag.


I used one of the smaller mini tags for my sentiment giving it the same crackle treatment as the large tag.


I love the chunkiness of the tag!


And that so many things can be layered on top of it without it buckling.


Hopefully I will be in a more colourful mood next month !!! At the time of posting this we are still waiting for Spring to arrive here in the north. The daffodils are almost open and the grass is slightly greener than it was last month, but it does still feel as though we are living in a sepia photograph!

As always thank you for joining me and happy crafting !

Jennie x


Calico Craft Parts Used:


5 comments:

  1. As always delicious crackle and paint on deliciously combined Craft Parts, Jenny! I think the crackle on the flourish is absolutely perfect!
    Hugs,
    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely a little piece of art your friend will treasure. I love the use of crackle and the beautiful rose. The tag has such a gorgeous vintage feel too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic details on your wonderful make, which I am sure your friend will love Jennie x

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete